Watford Swim School Vulnerable Adult and Child Safeguarding Policy Statement
Watford Swim School is committed to providing an environment in which all children, young people and vulnerable adults participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
To achieve this, Watford Swim School agrees to:
- Adopt and implement the policies and procedures in line with best practice.
- Recognise that all children participating in our activities regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability have a right to enjoy their involvement in aquatics in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with vulnerable adults and children, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children and adults.
- Appoint a designated welfare officer with the necessary skills and training who will take the lead in dealing with all vulnerable adults and child safeguarding matters raised within the organisation.
- Ensure that the designated name and contact details are known to all staff, customers and parents.
- Ensure the designated person is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with vulnerable adults and children have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks, and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in the organisation have been recruited in accordance with ‘Safe Recruitment’ best practice.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with vulnerable adults and children in the organisation have the appropriate training, code of conduct and good practice to follow.
- Provide all customers of Watford Swim School with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s or adults welfare.
- Ensure that all child and adult safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child or vulnerable adult’s welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child or vulnerable adults.
- Ensure all papers relating to child and vulnerable adults safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
Watford Swim Schools Designated Persons details are:
Name: Hayley Munday
Number: 07939 289094
If any Watford Swim School customers find it difficult to talk to somebody at the swim school, there are others that can help. They can be contacted on the following details:
Childline: 0800 1111
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000